The Presidential Awards for Community Multicultural Enrichment recognizes those VCU and VCU Health System individuals and groups who have made exemplary contributions with regard to promoting civility, building community, establishing cross-cultural initiatives, advocating equity, and nurturing a welcoming and inclusively excellent environment throughout the university and area communities.
PACME recipients are honored for their efforts and contributions that move beyond the routine expectations of the individual or group’s position and, enhance the goals of inclusive excellence and VCU’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Call for nominations
Nominate your faculty, students, colleagues and organizations for the 2019 PACME awards.
Nominations are due by March 8, 2019. Please submit your nominations using one of the following:
2019 PACME celebration
The 2019 celebration will be held April 23 at 3 p.m. in the University Student Commons, Commonwealth Ballroom.
- Contributions or efforts to enhance the goal of affirmative action and/or racial, ethnic or cultural diversity at VCU
- Performing above and beyond the routine expectations of the person or organization's position
- A sustained commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Efforts/contributions that make a significant impact on inclusive excellence at VCU
- Testimonials, awards, and/or letters of support to show the impact of the contributions/efforts
- Lasting benefits of the contributions/efforts
Four separate awards recognize students and student organizations, faculty, staff, and administrators and university organizations. In addition to the award, each recipient will receive $500.
The Riese-Melton Award, which is given for contributions to cross-cultural relations, is the capstone award. The recipient of this award will be chosen from the 2019 PACME recipients and will receive an additional $250.
- Academic and Administrative Leadership Award (includes administrators, directors and university organizations)
- Faculty Award (includes teaching and research, and adjunct faculty)
- Staff Award (includes classified, hourly and part-time staff, and university and academic professionals)
- Student Award (includes graduate and undergraduate students, post docs and student organizations)
The 2018 PACME event was held on April 26, 2018. What a wonderful celebration! Read all about it in the VCU News article.
Congratulations to the 2018 recipients:
- Thomas N. Bannard and Carlton H. Goode, administrator awards
- Anita A. Nadal, faculty award
- Corey W. Boone, staff award
- Lauren Griggs, student award
Assistant Professor Anita Nadal was also the recipient of the 2018 Riese-Melton Award.
Jan Chlebowski, Ph.D., who served the VCU community for nearly forty years, was honored with the President’s Inclusive Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award.
Please enjoy this article on our 2018 Student PACME recipient, Biomedical engineering doctoral candidate, Lauren Griggs.